Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quiche


quiche
Originally uploaded by Mary Anne Thygesen

I made a quiche today for lunch. I enjoy making and eating this version of quiche. I often bring it to picnics and potlucks. My mom asked for the recipe over and over again. Today I made the quiche with Yukon gold potatoes as the base. I used mushrooms, walla walla sweet onion, green zucchini and red Swiss chard as the vegetables. I sautéed the vegetables before adding to the dish. I used Tillamook Jack cheese for the cheese.

Quiche
Original idea from Whole Foods for the Whole Family La Leche League International Cook book 1981

Crust
3 cups grated potatoes
3 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
½ teaspoon paprika

Heat oven to 450 F. Grate potatoes into 9 inch pie plate. Toss with oil. Press into pie plate forming a crust. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450 F for 15 minutes. While it is baking make filling.

Filing
2 or 3 tablespoon chopped onion
1 cup chopped vegetables, my favorite are Swiss chard and zucchini; frozen spinach works well too, just be sure to cook and drain it.
1 cup grated cheese I use what we have on hand
4 eggs
1 cup milk
dash of pepper
dash of nutmeg
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

No comments: