Friday, August 29, 2008

Taco Picnic


We have a lot of fun bringing all the ingredients for making tacos to picnics. Yesterday I brought and set up a taco bar picnic at the waterfront. I made up taco meat, this time I used ground turkey. I buy my taco seasoning at Costco. I cooked the ground turkey until it wasn’t pink any more then added the taco seasoning and water according to the package directions. I put the hot meat in a plastic container with a screw on top lid. I put the hot ingredients in one cooler and the cold ingredients in another cooler. I use a gel pack warmed in the microwave to keep the food hot. The other ingredients that I brought were Tillamook Mexican grated cheese, olives, salsa, lettuce and taco shells. I put everything in its own container. At the picnic I handed out plates and taco shells and passed everything around. Everyone built their own tacos.

No comments: